Number of weeks: 6 weeks
Day/time of the week: Tuesday, Aug.1st to Sept 5th, 5:30-7:00 pm (PST)
Instructor: Dr. Amber R. Balk, Ph.D
Zoom: Six class gatherings via Zoom.
Note: Class recordings will be posted on the online class portal for those who are absent
Course Description: This 6-week course will help you discover your dharma through introspective exercises, class discussions, presentations, contemplative reading, and more. The class will provide tools to deepen into attunement with your personal dharmic path.
Your Instructor: Dr. Amber Balk has been involved with Ananda College for several years. She first discovered the Autobiography of a Yogi as a young child and felt an immediate and powerful soul resonance which has propelled her to study Sanskrit, the Vedas, and Hindu spiritual practices. She holds a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology and an MA in Women’s Spirituality from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in Palo Alto, CA. Amber is of Choctaw and Southeastern Mississippian descent and carries ancestral motherline healer and seer medicine. She works with individuals and groups to facilitate psychospiritual development. She is a thought leader, intuitive astrologer, and transpersonal researcher who studies, teaches, and writes about ancient cultures, numinosity, expanded states of consciousness, dreamwork, ancestral healing, spiritual practice, birth & death, and much more. She is working to develop a forthcoming podcast in collaboration with Ananda College’s faculty, students, and larger community.
- Introspective tools to discover your individual dharma
- Explore your dharma through various experiential modalities
- How to express your personal dharma
- Engagement with your dharma in a holistic manner—creatively, mentally, socially, emotionally, and physically
- How to deepen your understanding of the concept of dharma
- To experience having your dharma witnessed and reflected to you
- Weekly guided meditations
- Weekly journal assignments
- Weekly contemplative readings
- Weekly class discussions
- Class project: Soul Collage Expressing Your Dharma
- Private western astrology reading
- Private akashic records reading
- Attend weekly Zoom gatherings
- Complete class readings
- Active participation in weekly discussions
- Complete soul collage and present in final class